Sunday, February 04, 2007

February 2007 Newsletter

Hello Everyone,

What a way for winter to arrive! This is even too cold for me
to go camping. Hope everyone is giving the horses lots of hay to
keep them warm.

We are going to have a speaker from Waynesville on April
12th to talk to us about saddle fitting. She will be bringing a few
different trees and a quarter horse saddle and a walking
horse/gaited horse saddle to explain the difference. Should be a
great meeting, so plan ahead to attend. Starts at 7 pm at the bank.
It has been brought to my attention that it may be nice to
meet with other clubs and share a ride with them. We will be
talking about this at the next meeting. We had a very good
Family ride last month with 20 riders. We worked on a new trail
and had some new riders with us. It was one of the best rides
I've been on in a while, thanks everyone!

June 2&3 is the ATHA Offical Ride. I hope those of you that
are interested let me know as I can only take 15 riders. You will
be able to join and do the 7 stamps on that weekend too. Barbara
Kissling and Donna Gains are helping me put this together so
you can call any of us.

We send our deepest sympathy to Lee and Gwen Christian.
Gwen lost her Mother, our thoughts and prayers go out to you
and your family.

Trail Trotters Day is also on June the 2nd. So we will have to
talk about this at the meeting too. I'm sure some members can
work on trails while others clean the road sides up. Start
thinking now for ideas for Trail Trotter Day.

Please get your dues in as I am making the new Phone list and
it will be of current members. Dues are due each January.
If anyone would like to see a chat page again or a "did you
know" page, let me know!

April 14th is our St. Jude Ride, try to help out again this year!
Happy Trails, Esther


No comments: